Every year, bookstores, libraries, universities, and organizations host engaging programs that spotlight censorship. Are you hosting an event for Banned Books Week? Putting up a display? Let us know about it, and we’ll share it here for the world to find!
Please provide complete address and time information, as well as contact information so we can send queries for clarification. Otherwise, we cannot guarantee your event will display correctly. Thank you!
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- This event has passed.
CRNI and the Current Free-Speech Situation Facing the World
September 28 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
Over the years CRNI has become a fixture at the annual conventions of the Association of American Editorial Cartoonists (AAEC), which this year takes place as part of the Cartoon Crossroads Columbus Festival (CXC). We are enormously grateful to the organizers from both events for an opportunity to highlight issues facing cartoonists around the world with a panel discussion open to the public at:
- Columbus Metropolitan Library’s Main Auditorium, 96 S Grant Ave, Columbus, OH 43215
- 13.00-13.50, Saturday September 28th 2019
Our panelists are:
- Terry Anderson (UK), Deputy Executive Director, CRNI
- Charles Brownstein (USA), Executive Director, CBLDF
- Ritu Gairola Khanduri (India/USA), Assistant Professor of Cultural Anthropology, University of Texas and Board of Directors, CRNI
- PX Molina (Nicaragua), cartoonist, CRNI Courage in Editorial Cartooning Award-winner 2018
- Ann Telnaes (Norway/USA), cartoonist, former AAEC President, CRNI advisor
- Zunar (Malaysia), cartoonist, CRNI Courage in Editorial Cartooning Award-winner 2011
We look forward to a stimulating conversation!