Banned Books Week (9/18-9/24) is an annual national celebration of our freedom to read.
Join Booksweet on Saturday, September 24 at 7 pm for a Banned Books Social!
- Banned Book Party Games – low stress, lots of fun, and a great way to meet fellow book enthusiasts
- Delicious snacks and iced tea from our neighbors at Exotic Bakeries
- A letter writing station and advocacy resources
- Door prizes
Your RSVP is so helpful to our planning.
If the weather is nice, we’ll gather outside in the courtyard. Otherwise, we’ll be masked and indoors (children’s section). Learn more about health and safety at Booksweet.
Looking for more ways to celebrate Banned Books @ Booksweet?
- Shop our Banned Book Club list, supporting the ACLU! Since March 2022, Booksweet has been collecting 10% of the profits from our Banned Book Club reads to donate to the ACLU as part of our annual Banned Books Week celebrations in September.
- Shop the ALA’s Top 10 Most Challenged Books of 2021! For the week of September 18-24, we’ll also be donating 10% of the profits from the American Library Association’s Top 10 Most Challenged Books of 2021.
- Banned Books T-shirts! Booksweet will soon be revealing the design of our custom “I Love Banned Books” t-shirts, 10% of the profits from these beauties will also support the ACLU during Banned Books Week.
- Banned Book Club! We host FREE monthly gatherings for teens and adults!
- Kerrytown BookFest! We’ll be kicking off Banned Books Week on Sunday, 9/18 at Kerrytown BookFest with a special conversation about the #1 most challenged book in the nation presently: Gender Queer by Maia Kobabe.